The Whatcom Humane Society’s Working Cats Program places healthy semi-feral, feral, and non-socialized adult cats with adopters looking for cats not suited for indoor-only living environments.
- Provides natural pest population control
- Ideal for barns, stables, warehouses, ranches, wineries, churches, etc.
- Provides previously homeless animals with a safe place to live and helps reduce the number of cats euthanized in shelters
- Completed and approved WHS adoption application
- Cats must be adopted in pairs if there are no resident working cats on the property
- Adopters must provide food, water, and shelter year-round as well as any necessary veterinary care
Adopters will need to allow 2-4 weeks for cats to acclimate to their new space
What We Provide
- Spay/Neuter Surgery
- Ear Tip
- Initial FVRCP Vaccination
- 1-year Rabies Vaccination
- Flea Treatment (30 day)
- FIV/FeLV Testing
WHS will also provide adopters with instructions on how to transition working cats into their new environment.
- $25.00 – Single Cat
- $40.00 – Pair
Interested in adopting 3 or more working cats? Great! The fee is $20 per cat.
Wondering what to expect once you complete the adoption process? You can find all the information you need to be prepared in this document: Introducing Your Working Cat to Their New Home.
Ready to Get Started?
Fill out this online application to start the process of adoption a working cat today.
Prefer to download a PDF application? Click here.
If you have questions about the program, please contact our Working Cat Coordinator, at email@example.com or call 360-733-2080 ext.0