Our Thrift Shop has moved! It is not currently open for shopping but is accepting donations. See below for more information and please stay tuned for updates.
Whatcom Humane Society Thrift Shop
Park Manor Shopping Center – by Big Lots
1534B Birchwood Ave Bellingham, WA
COVID-19 safety precautions
For COVID-19 safety precautions, face Masks/Coverings required for entry.
CREDIT/DEBIT ONLY – No cash or checks
We will be accepting donations starting Saturday, September 9th.
Donations can be dropped off at the new Birchwood location after September 9th. The new donation hours are:
- Wednesday through Saturday 10am – 4pm
- Sunday 11am – 3pm
Our staff & volunteers will available to assist.
Please donate the following items:
- Furniture (please call ahead to make sure we have room for large furniture donations – ie: Couches, Recliners, etc.)
- Pet Supplies, Leashes, Collars, Bowls, Crates, Cat Trees
- Kitchen Items – Dishes, China, Glassware, Small Appliances
- Vintage Collectibles
- New or Gently Used Adult Clothing & Shoes
- Clean, Washed Linens, Curtains, Throw Rugs
- Holiday décor
- Antiques & Collectibles
- Household Decor
ITEMS THAT WE CANNOT ACCEPT
- Appliances (large)
- TV’S, Old Stereo Equipment, VCR’S
- DVD Players
- Cribs, Walkers, High Chairs, or Car Seats
- Baby Strollers
- Bed Pillows
- Building & Remodeling Materials
- Carpet (Rugs OK)
- Cassettes, VHS Tapes
- Children’s Clothing, Shoes or Accessories
- Cleaning Supplies
- Computer Items: PCs, laptops, monitors, printers, fax machines, keyboard & mouse
- Electric Blankets
- Fur Coats
- Gas Powered Yard Equipment
- Golf Clubs & Bags
- Health & Beauty Products, Cosmetics, Toiletries
- Helmets (any kind)
- Leather Shoes, Belts, or Accessories
- Mattresses or Waterbeds
- Medical Supplies
- Down pillows or comforters
- Paint/Hazardous Items
- Stuffed Animals
Please do not donate items that are stained, broken or otherwise in need of repair. Do not “dump” or leave donations outside the door of the Thrift Shop.
The new thrift shop location will be open to the public beginning Wednesday, September 27th.
After September 27th, The New Store Hours Will Be:
Wednesday through Saturday 10am – 5pm.
Sunday 11am – 3pm.
Once the new location opens, we will open every weekend!
CREDIT/DEBIT ONLY – No cash or checks.
The WHS Thrift Shop Grand Opening will be Saturday, September 30th!
Donations can be dropped off at the new Birchwood location starting Saturday, September 9th.
New Donation Hours:
- Wednesday through Saturday 10am to 4pm
- Sunday 11am to 2:30pm
About the WHS Thrift Shop
Proceeds from purchases at the WHS Thrift Shop benefit daily operations and care for the domestic, wild and farm animals in our shelters. Thank you for your generous support!
In mid 2020, WHS was in communication with our good friends at WeSNiP (Whatcom Education Spay Neuter Impact Program) regarding the transfer of ownership/operations of their extremely successful ReSale store venue. WeSNiP has done a tremendous job over the years building and maintaining their impressive ReSale venue and developing a loyal customer base. They made the decision to focus their limited resources elsewhere, which provided the Whatcom Humane Society with the opportunity to take over daily operations of the store and venue and build on the strong foundation that WeSNiP created. We assumed ownership on September 1st, 2020.