Your donation to Whatcom Humane Society has gone through. Our animals, staff and volunteers all appreciate your support.
The Whatcom Humane Society respects the privacy of our donors and is committed to the highest standards of ethics and integrity in all fundraising efforts. We therefore do not share, loan, trade, rent or sell our donor list to any other non-affiliated organization.
To ensure that our donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the Whatcom Humane Society, we follow the Donor Bill of Rights.
The Donor Bill of Rights
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed of whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
OTHER WAYS TO GIVE
Fulfill our Wish Lists
During the COVID19 stay at home order, several local Whatcom County businesses are offering delivery services for pet food and supplies. Please consider supporting these businesses and their employees:
petStop (Sehome Village):
DoorStep Pet Supply:
For more ideas, check out our Amazon.com Wishlist! Just click the link & search for Whatcom Humane. Our shelter accepts donations Wednesday – Saturday from 10am – 6pm & Sunday – Monday from 11am – 5pm. For more information, please contact us at (360)733-2080 ext #3116 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Host an Event
Donate a Vehicle
More Easy Ways to Support WHS!
How Your Generosity Helps
Domestic Animal Shelter:
$50 = 1 week of food for shelter dogs/cats
$100 = vaccinations for 10 dogs or cats
$200 = blood work for 8 senior animals
$500 = full service veterinary treatment, supplies and medication for an injured animal in need
$1000 = emergency after-hours call-out services from WHS animal control officers for 1 week
$50 = 5 bales of hay
$100 = farrier service for 3 horses
$200 = barn supplies for 1 month
$500 = 20 bags of livestock/equine grain
$1000 = full service equine veterinary care, medication and ongoing treatment for an injured horse in need
Join Our Animal Advocate Program by Sponsoring an Animal Today!
Wild Animal Advocate
Domestic Animal Advocate
We will automatically transfer your gift for this time period without needing to process additional transactions. Your advocacy will continue as long as you want, cancel anytime.