Virtual Halloween Workshop
October 25 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm$10.00
The Halloween Workshop has been an annual kids event here at WHS, and although we’ll miss hosting your kids this year, we still have some fun activities up our sleeve!
Registration will come with an education kit which includes:
- 1 Owl pellet, dissection tools, 1 pair of size small (non-latex) disposable gloves, 1 specimen jar, bone ID sheet
- Halloween stickers & glow in the dark temporary tattoos
- Spider true/false game sheet & *some craft materials
- Tarantula coloring page
*Glue, colored pencils & scissors will not be included in the kit, but are necessary for the craft.
What is an owl pellet? A pellet is the mass of undigested parts of a bird’s food that some bird species occasionally regurgitate. The contents of a bird’s pellet depend on its diet, but can include the exoskeletons of insects, indigestible plant matter, bones, fur, feathers, bills, claws, and teeth. Pellets are usually about as big as an adult thumb and they are often dissected by students and scientist to help them learn exactly what owls eat and what kinds of small animals and bugs live in a particular area. If you get a chance to examine what is inside an owl pellet, you will be lucky, there is a lot to learn and it is surprisingly FUN!
Here’s How Our Virtual Event Will Work:
- Registration for this event will open at 12:00 pm on October 3rd and end at 12:00 pm on October 14th.
- Kits will be available for pick up October 18th – 19th from 12:00 pm – 4:30pm & October 21st – 23rd from 11:00 am – 5:30 pm. We can not deliver or mail kits. Pick up will NOT be available Tuesday the 20th – the shelter will be CLOSED.
- All registrants will be sent an invitation to our Zoom party for October 25th 3-4:30, where we can show off our costumes, share what we found in our owl pellets, learn about tarantulas, meet a live “spooky” animals and play a crafty spider trivia game.
This workshop is limited to 25 participants.
Questions? Please contact Kelsey at email@example.com or 360-733-2080 x3116.