Thank you for choosing to adopt a shelter dog! We at the Whatcom Humane Society are committed to seeking a permanent,
loving, and responsible home in order to meet the needs of all the companion animals in our care. So that we can be assured
that the dog you wish to adopt is best suited for your home and lifestyle, we ask that you complete the application below.
In order to complete the adoption process, you may need to complete any or all of these steps:
- Be of the legal age (18) and possess valid identification.
- Be able to financial provide for the dog’s needs; including food, supplies, licensing, and veterinary care.
- Be able to provide for the dog’s social and exercise needs.
- Have landlord permission (if applicable) to house a dog on the property; if an ESA letter is required by your landlord, you will need to have it on file before adopting.
- Bring in other residents of the home to meet and approve the dog’s adoption.
- Understand that this is an adoption, not a sale. WHS reserves the right to refuse an adoption.