Have you ever wanted to get more involved with Whatcom Humane and the animals in our care but are too young to volunteer? Welcome to the WHS Humane Academy! Through hands on learning, guest speakers, and animal interactions, students will leave the Humane Academy with a better understanding of the inner workings of the Whatcom Humane Society and concrete ways they can help all animals in our community.
Animal lovers ages 10-12 years old are invited to attend our very first Junior Humane Academy workshop where they will be submerged in the world of animal welfare and pet care. In addition to meeting other animal lovers, attendees can look forward to:
- Learning animal body language & dog bite prevention
- An introduction to pet care for various species
- Hearing about animal-related careers from our staff
- Creating enrichment activities to better the lives of shelter animals
- Crafts, guest speakers, animal interactions and more!
Space is limited and advanced registration and payment are required. Questions? Please contact Kelsey at email@example.com or 360-733-2080 x3116.
If you’ve attended one of our programs in the past, activities are likely to be similar. We’d love to have you join us again!