For the continued safety of our staff and following the “Stay Home – Stay Healthy” order set ordered by the Governor of Washington State regarding COVID-19/Coronavirus, the Whatcom Humane Society will continue to limit public access to our Division Street facility. The facility will remain open to people and animals needing essential services only.
Please ring our doorbell if you need assistance with the following animal related services. A member of our staff will assist you.
• You have lost a pet
• You have found a domestic or wild animal
• You need to surrender a pet to our facility
• You have a previously scheduled appointment and/or animal control related business
• You need to utilize our pet food bank program
For those at risk citizens who are not able to leave their homes and obtain services at the Whatcom Humane Society (pet food bank, look for lost pets, surrender a pet) please call our shelter facility and our animal control department will provide assistance as we are able.
NOTE: Please leave donations in front of the doors. A staff member will retrieve them. Thank you so much for your generous support. Monetary donations can be made via www.whatcomhumane.org/donate.
NOTE: OUR ADOPTION KENNELS ARE CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC AT THIS TIME.
If you are interested in adopting an animal, please visit our website, www.whatcomhumane.org/adopt, and view the animals currently available for adoption. The website is updated frequently. Download an adoption application and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org. A member of ours staff will review applications and respond to inquiries as resources allow. We are scheduling a limited number of meet and greet adoption counsels with potential adopters after applications are submitted and reviewed.
WHATCOM HUMANE SOCIETY CONTACT PHONE NUMBERS:
(360) 733 – 2080, ext # 0 – General Inquiries
(360) 733 – 2080, ext # 3017 – Animal Control & Rescue Department
(360) 966 – 8845 – Wildlife Rehabilitation Center
(360) 733 – 2080, ext # 3002 – Donations
Following recommendations from the Whatcom County Health Department to cancel all group summer events throughout Whatcom County, and based on the City of Bellingham’s decision to cancel City of Bellingham events this summer, the Whatcom Humane Society has cancelled the following Whatcom Humane Society events and workshops through August 31, 2020:
• Summer Solstice Boat Cruise (June)
• Critter Camp (July/August) – stay tuned for information on our Critter Camp At-Home Kits that will be available this summer!
• Putts Fore Pets Golf Tournament (July) – may be rescheduled in September
• Dog Days of Summer Festival (August) – stay tuned for information on our upcoming VIRTUAL Dog Days of Summer Festival and Walk!
• Monthly Pet Loss Support Group Meetings (May/June/July/August)
• New Volunteer Orientations (May/June/July/August)
Our low-cost/free spay-neuter assistance program (SNAP) is currently suspended.
Thank you for your understanding during these challenging times. Please be safe.
For additional general information about animals and the COVID-19 virus, visit:
Center For Disease Control website:
Washington State Department of Agriculture website:
American Veterinary Medical Association:
Whatcom Humane Society
CARING FOR ANIMALS SINCE 1902
SERVICES : WHAT CAN WE DO FOR YOU?
I LOST A PET?
I FOUND A PET?
We would like to thank you for the concern and effort you have given this animal. Now we hope to reunite him/her with his/her rightful owner. Your responsible and caring actions are greatly appreciated by the Whatcom Humane Society. The following information is to advise you of WHS procedures regarding incoming stray animals.
What do I do if I find an injured wild animal?
- Always keep yourself safe first.
- If you can safely capture the animal, put it in a warm, quiet, undisturbed place.
- Avoid handling it as much as possible.
Call the Wildlife Rehabilitation Center
Click here to view a short video showcasing a day in the life at the Whatcom Humane Society!
SPECIAL EVENTS & WORKSHOPS
Support Your Local Humane Society!
Thank you for considering a contribution to the Whatcom Humane Society. We rely on the kind support of our community to provide funding for our programs & services.
Address & Hours
Address: 2172 Division Street, Bellingham, WA 98226
Phone: (360) 733-2080
Fax: (360) 733-4746
Shelter Services (licensing, lost & found, redemptions, etc.)
Wednesday – Saturday 10:00 am – 6:00 pm & Sunday – Monday 11:00 am – 5:00 pm
Closed Tuesdays & Major Holidays
Adoption Services / Animal Adoption Viewing
Wednesday – Saturday 11:00 am – 5:30 pm & Sunday – Monday 12:00 pm – 4:30 pm
Closed Tuesdays & Major Holidays
Animal Control Dispatch
Sunday - Tuesday 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Wednesday - Saturday 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Farm Facility: By Appointment Only
Wildlife Rehabilitation Center:
September-April 9:00 am-5:00 pm
May-August 8:00 am-7:00 pm
(360) 966-8845 – please call, not open to the public
Main Phone: (360) 733-2080
Laura Clark, Executive Director
email@example.com / ext #3026
Animal Control & Rescue
firstname.lastname@example.org / ext #3017
email@example.com / ext #3075
firstname.lastname@example.org / ext #3001
email@example.com / ext #3010
Volunteer & Outreach Services
firstname.lastname@example.org / ext #3024
email@example.com / ext #3116
firstname.lastname@example.org / ext #3014
email@example.com / ext #3002
firstname.lastname@example.org / ext #3021
Wildlife Rehabilitation Center
email@example.com / (360) 966-8845